It all started when…
back in the 70’s, this little old Fraternity was looking for new members. And, almost 50 years later here we are. Come down to Blacksburg this football season and celebrate the incredible journey you have been on as part of the best Fraternity in town.
The preferred option is to buy tickets by mail by printing out the form below and sending in with check.
We have arranged for a room block at The Inn at Virginia Tech for the entire weekend. We have a great rate and its the best place in town! Follow the link below to make your reservation.
Schedule Of Events
Friday, July 19th
- 1 to 4 pm DKE Golfing (Optional) at the VT 9 hole course adjacent to Inn at VT (contact 70’s Dekes legend Theta Bowden if interested)
- 6:30 PM Welcome Cocktail Reception in the Living Room of the HOLTZMAN ALUMNI CENTER. The Holtzman Center is adjacent to and attached to THE INN AT VIRGINIA TECH, our Reunion Hotel and Headquarters. There is a very special little museum off the Living Room with a remarkable collection of VT history memorabilia that you will surely enjoy, and very nice and comfortable conversation seating groupings all around. There will be an Open Bar and passed Hors D’oeuvres.
- 8:00 PM Adjourn to DUTCH TREAT DINING at PRESTON’S RESTAURANT at The Inn, a fine dining spot with an adjacent bar and lounge.
- 10:00 PM to Late DKE House Afterhours (Optional) Fine drink and house tours. Transportation provided.
Saturday, July 20th
- 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM and 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM VT Presentations at Inn at VT Paul Knox, Dean VT Honors College; Topic, “the Dave Calhoun Discovery Program” and why it is the future of higher education. Dr Brandy Salmon, Associate VP and Director of the VT Innovation Campus- “ why this is a game changer for VT, the country and higher education.
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Dekes special BUFFET LUNCHEON set up for us at The Inn. Dine at any time between Noon and 1:30 PM , at your convenience, in a setting all our own, set up just for us with distinguished VT guest speaker Charles D Phlegar.
2:00 PM Buses from The Inn for various CAMPUS FACILITIES TOURS of:
- VT Sports Tour including the Hahn-Hurst Basketball Facility and Football Indoor Practice Facility led by Mickey Hayes, or
- VT Transportation Institute facilities tour.
These tours will be optional, last about two hours each and one may opt for either of the tours, based on advanced sign ups.
6:00 PM REUNION GRAND RECEPTION AND DINNER in the Latham Ballroom at The Inn. Open Bar and passed Hors D’oeuvres during social time. Enjoy whatever memorabilia guys have brought to share.
- 7:30 PM REUNION DINNER Served from fine Carving Stations and decorative Food Displays. After dinner ‘program’ and ad-lib stories no doubt. Fun! Renew friendships. No need for cabs, Uber or driving!
Sunday, July 21st
Sleep in and depart casually. STOP BY THE DEKE HOUSE any time between 9:00 and Noon and enjoy a casual Good-Bye visit and better tours of the House in daylight: Coffee, pastries, breakfast snacks.