Please register below if you plan on attending!
We have a great slate of activities to celebrate 75 years of DKE at Virginia Tech. Mark the date on your calendar; this is something you do not wanna miss! This page will be updated as soon as additional details are finalized.
We had a jam packed schedule for this Labor day weekend.
When 6pm to 11 pm
Where Inn at Virginia Tech Alumni Center
Dress Protocol Business Attire (Don't forget your pin!)
6pm Registration begins, DKE swag bags for attendees, Cocktail Reception in the Holtzman Alumni Center Living Room.
7pm Migrate to the Main Banquet Room
8pm Presentations emceed by Theta Bowden
- VT DKE Alumni Association Update
- Amusing Anecdotes of DKE per Decades by various alumni
- Current Chapter Status
- Keynote Speakers Brothers Billy Vinyard and Charlie Lloyd “Buying the DKE House and converting into a Fraternity house”
11pm End of event
When 9am to late
Where Tailgate and DKE House
Why Cause this is what we do best
Dress Protocol Hokie gear mandatory
9am to noon DKE Tailgate at Lot 4 Space 94
Breakfast food/coffee catered from Panera and other appropriate pre-game drinks provided
12:30pm VT vs. Liberty Football Game
Limited game tickets with DKE Block seating still available
4pm to late Open House DKE House
302 E. Roanoke Street
Catered food by Dogtown Pizza from Floyd, Virginia
(oven fired pizza made fresh in DKE house back yard)
More appropriate food and drink for all ages
When 10:00 am
Where Hilton Garden Inn
Dress Attire Whatever clean clothes you have left
10am Brunch at Hilton Garden Inn – Prices Fork Road ($20 per person)
Special Guest VT Athletics Speaker TBA
12:30pm Special tour of VT Athletics Facilities Tour 11am meet at front of Jameson Center on “Frank Beamer Way”
Tour led by Mickey Hayes, Virginia Tech Athletic Fund Executive Committee Member, of Jameson Center, Cassel, Hahn-Hurst basketball facility, and indoor football facility
Afternoon Optional Golf - Afternoon tee time at Blacksburg Country Club – contact Theta Bowden at email@example.com if you are interested.
Dinner Time Informal Alumni Dinner gatherings (“Dutch treat”) for those in town Sunday evening
We have a block of 30 hotel rooms at three different hotels close by. Blacksburg hotels have two night (Fri/Sat) minimum stays for football weekends and increase prices based on high demand. These are the standard rates. Many hotels are fully booked but guest are free to search for other accommodations (DKE House couches not available!).
The Inn at virginia tech
- 901 Prices Fork Rd.
- $299 Fri and Sat (rqd), $129 Sun, hold until Aug 3, 10 rooms available.
- Location for the banquet and reception.
- To make the reservation, call 540-231-8000 and ask for the DKE 75th Anniversary Celebration room block.
Main street Inn
- 900 Plantation Road
- $279 Fri and Sat (rqd), $119 Sun, hold until July 1. 5 rooms available.
- The "downtown" option.
- To make the reservation, go to their website or call them at 540-552-6246.
hilton garden Inn blacksburg
- 205 South Main Street
- $299 Fri and Sat (rqd), $129 Sun, hold until July 20, 15 rooms available.
- The location of the optional Sunday brunch.
- To make the reservation, go to their website or call them at 540-552-5005.